Monday, January 4, 2010

Never!



I framed this poster over Christmas break. I adore it. I ordered the book Too Many Toys (by David Shannon) from Scholastic just because the poster came with it (Shannon also created the poster). When it arrived, I was disappointed to find it folded on top of the book, so I called Scholastic to see if I could pay a little extra to have a clean poster shipped. It was a bit of a hassle with phone calls and emails, but after the warehouse that stored the folded poster was found, the news came back that there was no way an unfolded one could be shipped. They probably come folded out of the machine or something. At any rate, I touched up the deep crease marks with crayons and it looks simply marvelous. Besides the fact that the poster displays my sentiments so exactly, I love that it plays on Shannon's Too Many Toys book. This, my friends, is a real treasure.

Sorry the displayed image is crummy, as it was taken with my cell phone, but I'm sure you get the idea of its grandeur. Just know that it is much more vibrant in real life. I looked on the Scholastic website to find which order form I got it through but had no luck. If you really want it, I can find it for you without too much more trouble. Just let me know. I'd be glad to for anyone who recognizes its true value (being immeasurably greater than the total $4 that the book/poster combo cost).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home